Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's been awhile. I've been busy.  Getting sworn in to practice law in Missouri was a big deal.
Passing the bar in Missouri was a big deal.  Even if no one thought it was.  Stacey promised me a mylar balloon.  She lied.  I've never gotten one of those balloons.  It's only like 2 dollars.  I wish someone thought it was a big enough deal to get me a balloon.  I guess I was the only one who was worried about passing.  I guess I should have been more confident about it.  Regardless, it's still a BIG deal.

I'm really nervous about this weekend.  I'm really stressed about work - multiple reasons.  First, last week I was out 1/2 day Monday and all day Tuesday with hearings.  I got home at midnight on Tuesday and worked all day Wednesday (until really like, like 8pm).  Then I was out all day Thursday and Friday for the bar swearing in and such.  Basically, I was gone the whole week.

My assistant Sabrina was out 1/2 day Thursday, all day Friday, and all day today (Wednesday).  Life is really really hard when she is out of the office.  There is way too much work for me to do alone, especially considering I'm still behind from last week and I have 5 hearings to prep for on Monday in Fort Collins.
I'm also stressed about giving my notice.  I'm planning to do it next Tuesday.  I'm scared.  I've never really quit a job before.

So stress plus nerves equals bad.  It makes me fat.  I hate this weight roller coaster of the last year.  I know that some people have it a lot worse and I shouldn't complain.  But I never really had the crazy emotional weight loss/weight gain issues until the last year.  I had lost so much weight at one point, now I"m unhappy at anything above that low.  And everytime I get stressed and nervous, things get out of control.

This is a lame thing to be blogging about.  I need to think of something more interesting.  Maybe later.

I really hope Brian shows up.  For the right reasons.  Showing up for the wrong reasons would be devastating. I'm glad I have Sunday to not get out of bed all day just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment